Sunday 22 September 2013

Twenty Years Young

TWENTY TWENTY TWENTY! 
I just celebrated my twentieth birthday
I just turned twenty in Australia
I am no longer a teenager & am now in my twenties
It's such a strange feeling
I definitely feel twenty 
My brain is having a hard time grasping the concept though
How to celebrate this new exciting time of my life, 
while in a foreign country where I knew so few people? 
I couldn't have asked for a better night with better friends. 
It was also the first time my three roommates and I all went out together! I love them.


I turned twenty on Thursday, September 19th, 2013
My morning was spent working on a research paper
 it was such a beautiful morning so I sat outside at an organic cafe near my uni to do my work
My afternoon was spent at work, at Woollahra Public School 
running around with the kids that I love so much
My night started at Spice I Am, one of the best Thai food places in Sydney, 
with a group of 12 lovely friends
The menu wasn't very big but my food was delicious: black bean tofu with veggies in peanut sauce 
I love peanut sauce too much. 



After dinner we went to a retro/vintage bar called the Soda Factory
My wonderful new Aussie friends met up with us at the bar to help me celebrate! 
It was the absolute coolest bar I've been to
When you walk in it just looks like an old fashion hot dog stand, 
then you walk through a door that looks like a coca-cola refrigerator 
and are suddenly back in time. 


From the vintage green leather couches, to the band dressed from another era, I was instantly in love. After a few hours our group had dwindled down to myself and 5 Australian friends.
We realized it was 11:30pm and so there was only 30 minutes left of my birthday
With that 30 minutes, my friends danced circles around me, 
we danced a conga line in circles around the entire bar, 
they made me swing dance through the tables of chatting people, 
and keep in mind... no one else in the bar was dancing and I NEVER dance but it was so much fun! 
The next few hours were spent dancing, singing, 
sneaking on stage to pretend play the drums until we got kicked off, laughing 
and enjoying the night with amazing friends. 
They sang me birthday songs all the way back to my apartment 
I can't imagine starting my twenties in a better way. I am so blessed they came out to help me celebrate. 




No comments:

Post a Comment