Sunday 11 August 2013

Beaches, Service & More Food

Okay I'm all settled and have seen a lot of the sights in central Sydney 
it's time to see more and do more
I've missed the beach so much 
Now that it's getting warmer out I was off to go explore Bondi Beach
The beaches over here are different than US beaches
 they look like coves tucked away between beautiful high cliffs
Bondi Beach leads to a cliff 
which leads to Bronte Beach 
which leads to a cliff 
that leads to Coogee Beach
The view is perfection, the water is so clear, the surfers take over the waters
it's just as you would imagine an Australian beach to look like
It's safe to say it was love at first sight.



I was passionate about finding a way to serve in Australia
I miss the work I was doing with the homeless community in Tampa 
I had to find a place to serve while I'm abroad
The first place I got to lend a hand was St. Peter's Catholic Church in Surry Hills 
at their convent with a bunch of sisters! How cool is that! 
I had never been to a convent before 
It definitely was an experience I am thankful for
We prayed the rosary in their Chapel
We prepared and served a big meal to about 30 hungry men in Sydney
I'm glad that I got to be a small part of the selfless work these sisters are doing 
in the lives of those who need them most. 

On a more selfish note, I found the best chocolate shop that exists in all the land
Max Brenner, The Bald Man's Chocolate 
It is indescribable
So far I've tried the coconut hot chocolate, mint hot chocolate and double chocolate brownie
The coconut hot chocolate is the most heavenly thing I've ever tasted 
every chocolate lover needs it in their lives
I try and stay away from Max Brenner as much as I can to avoid a chocolate death 
Next time I go there the chocolate waffles or the chocolate pizza is on my list 
Mouth watering, I know! 



No comments:

Post a Comment